2015 was a good year to me as an artist. (I can’t believe I’m writing that hahaha.) I had the time to make a lot of art. I was very, very happy albeit costly. On this post, let me show you the first few months of my rediscovery of watercolor using flowers as my subjects. Most are referenced from Pinterest. I decided to cut the summary into two as it’s too image heavy for one post.
My first attempt at watercolor again after college. This was done on my Moleskine watercolor notebook.
Second attempt on my Moleskine notebook. Since I was too impatient, I decided to finish it off with white speckles using poster paint.
Since Moleskine was too small for me. I switched to the 180gsm Berkeley paper. Struggling with waterlily. Huhu.
This was made during one of the firsts watercolor tambay at my cousin’s place. I was the one who taught her the basics even though I’m not so sure myself HAHA.
One of the first artworks that I love. It shows how careless and free my strokes are. ♥ (Back in college, some block mates used to tease me about my careless/free/loose strokes. It doesn’t look good with interior renderings, they said. I got conscious a bit and tried to change that.) But right now, I love it ♥.
Tried to use more water here.
The red rose is symbolic for me. It was the emblem used for our guild during my Ragnarok days. ♥ Fenrir server represent!
This took too much time. Looking at it now, I want to redo it! But back then, I felt accomplished finishing this detailed piece.
Okay. Too much red everywhere HAHA. And that background color!
Okay, that was fun. Some things I noticed:
- I didn’t have the patience yet.
- I kept on using poster paint for white speckles.
- Too much water on some parts.
- Some color combinations didn’t go well HAHAHA.
This was just February to April. I’m happy to say that I’ve improved after that. Part 2 coming soon!
One thought on “2015 Watercolor Summary 1”