I hope to finish another 31 day challenge this year. Well, even if I can’t finish on time, that’s okay! I just want to use all of my materials and experiment on different things. I just want to indulge myself, like every October. So wish me luck!♥
When was the last time that I did a compilation post?! Two years ago! This feels so weird. It felt like I’ve been neglecting my blog after I got a job (I’m so sorry bb). I wanted to continue from the previous compilation blog, but I felt like I’ve blogged about most of my artworks here. The remaining ones didn’t have a lot to write about. So we’ll start with 2019. As always, photo heavy post ahead!Read More
In our Office Secret Santa, I wished for a one time big time gift – 1k worth of watercolor paper. And my secret santa delivered! Thank you to Nadine! I especially loved the gift wrapper lol. It’s already September and I still have a lot of stock left!
My last works would be from my art tambay with my cousin. Didn’t really felt that focused, I think.
And that’s it for my 2019 artworks! Hopefully I’ll post my 2020 compilations this year too.
My 1 week vacation started yesterday! ♥ Its just been 2 days, but I think I’ve done a lot already:
- Set up the accounting sheet for our website.
- Uploaded new works to my POD sites.
- Updated the tags and descriptions in my existing POD sites.
- Watched a LOT of Youtube studio vlogs (lol).
- Started to create new art. ♥
Edit: My 1 week vacation ended, and I might as well post here my other achievements:
- Built a shelf and a desk!
- Bought an aircon.
- Received my new seamiart glitter watercolor + brush and I got to experiment with them. 🙂
- Bought an order of gold foil to try out as well!
What’s a productive day for you? For me its when I accomplish the creative things on my list. The more I finish in a day, the more accomplished I feel. But even if I don’t get everything completed, it’s okay! There are no deadlines in my set-up.
- Create something. (A sketch, drawing, or painting)
- Scan artworks.
- Post-process scanned artworks.
- Share to Instagram my new works.
- Upload post-processed works to the following POD sites:
- Society 6
- Red Bubble
- Transfer phone photos to my laptop.
- Sort photos and look for things I can blog about.
- Photoshop selected photos for a blog post.
- Create a blog post.
- Look for and apply to interesting conventions.
- Create new works for sticker and postcard designs.
- Print new works.
- Package new works. (Cutting stickers, adding to plastic packaging, etc.)
- Promoting in social media.
But in our current situation, I only do one thing on the first list in one day. Sometimes I take a break if I don’t feel like doing anything. But whenever I accumulate a lot of artworks ready to scan, I try to scan and post-process everything in a day.
My 1 week vacation starts tomorrow. I hope I could be a bit productive with an equal amount of rest. ♥
Two weeks ago, during our birthday celebration art tambay with my close friends, a part of our ceiling in the room collapsed. I was very lucky that it didn’t directly fall on me and it fell sideways. The wooden grid beam that supports the ceiling were eaten by termites, and with a cat visiting our ceiling every other day, we felt that it won’t be so soon that the rest of the ceiling will fall as well. So we decided to move.
We looked for places for rent nearby, found one, paid the reservation fee, and started moving in our stuff last Friday. We bought the important furniture and home stuff during the weekend. It was a buzzer beater event, since this week its MECQ once again in Metro Manila.
Everything was so fast.
Grateful that any questions can be searched online now. We could also shop thru Shopee or Lazada for other remaining things. Food can still be delivered thru Grab.
We’re sort of settling in our new place. Its so peaceful here. Once everything is okay, I’ll blog some more.
But for now, keep safe everyone.
We are more than halfway through the year. How’s everyone doing? I hope you are safe in your part of the world. ♥
Sometimes I feel a little guilty of not blogging as much as I used to before. But then I’d always remind myself that its okay. It is always okay to keep my own pace and not mind anyone’s opinion on the matter. There will be days that I’m in the mood to paint and there will be days that I’m not. Being creative doesn’t have to be everyday. Taking care of my mental health is always the number one priority. Below are some of the things I do whenever I’m not painting:
- Binge read mangas. I recently caught up to Chihayafuru and 3-Gatsu no Lion. I also discovered more manga to read: Shinmai Shimai no Futari, Mieruko-chan, Sukinako Ga Megano Wo Wasureta, Song of the Night Walkers, Will you marry me again if you are reborn? and lots more.
- Watch the Doggy Daycare Farm Trip videos (I watch this everyday that FB gave me an automatic notification whenever there’s a new video lololol)
- After work (which is around 3 to 4pm), we eat our early dinner. Then I would always say that I will “nap” after, which always turn to “sleep” instead. Sleeping is okay too!
- Watch Youtube videos of artists. I love watching their painting processes, studio tours, packing vids. They are my ~goals~ in the future.
I woke up early today! I’ve already sketched/painted, and will probably continue painting again later after this blog. I’ve trimmed down the future blog posts. I hope I can write about them soon.
I haven’t blogged about pending events at all. But I think its okay? The whole world is currently facing a pandemic. I noticed that there are people who preach about improving or learning new skills during this quarantine. That being productive now (since most have a lot of time due to ECQ) is the best way to utilize the time.
I think that’s toxic. ♥
I believe its okay to rest and do nothing. That forcing oneself to be productive is not healthy at all. Everyone has different ways to cope during this pandemic, and those preachers should shut the fuck up.
As for myself – thankfully I still have work. There are days where I dedicate my time sketching and painting. Whenever I’m in that mood, I produce a lot of work in one sitting. Then I scan, edit, and post them every other day in social media lol. But there are weeks that I don’t do anything productive at all! There was a week that I binged read a bunch of pending manga, there were also weeks that I used my 3DS again. I finally finished Bravely Default and Rune Factory 4 after all these years. I wanted to buy a Switch now, but then I noticed that they don’t have my favorite color yet.
When will I blog again? I don’t know. Hopefully soon.
When you thought January’s finally over with all the craziness of 2020, the Covid19 finally reached our country.
There’s more personal posts recently here. Here’s my summary of January to Feb:
March is okay, I guess? We’ll get through this. Our office computers were shipped to our respective homes and they announced a mandatory 100% work from home for us days before the quarantine. Which is a good thing, right?
I just..don’t have the drive to blog. I know I have tons of pending posts. I know I still have responsibilities… just, let me rest some more.
Small, easy steps for now. Since I bought my own scanner days before Stickercon, I now have a reason to scan new works and upload them to my POD websites. At least they’re doing well.
After 2 months of preparation, our events in Komiket Megamall and StickerconMNL 2020 are done! Its finally time to rest, I hope? So sorry for not updating as often as I should. I can still see my pending blog post list on the first page. I will do them this March, hopefully! ♥
I can’t believe that this blog is now 5 years old! ♥ Happy birthday!
I’m currently updating old entries and moving my images to another hosting site since there’s a problem with Google Photos. Asides from that, I’m also busy with con preparations since I’m the group spokesperson for both events (Komiket and Stickercon). Its a mentally exhausting task.
I hope after this craziness, I can finally rest.